1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest HTML in "Custom Title"

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by arco, Oct 10, 2010.

1. arco

arco Member

As I can see, you can use html for user group titles, but not when setting a custom title for an individual user. I can understand not giving users the possibility to use html, but it should be possible for an admin to do so. Like you can do in vB. And maybe extend this further into the permission system so you can give members of certain user groups the possibility to use html.
  2. Pope Viper

Pope Viper Well-Known Member

Any other discussions regarding this?
  3. Mr_Bob

Mr_Bob Well-Known Member

I would never give my users the ability to set a custom title with HTML, however I see it as perfectly viable on the admin end. I've used this in the past to bold staff user-titles, so I can certainly see this as a nice feature.
  4. Pope Viper

Agreed, I would not want it as a user option. No HTML access for my users, period.
  5. Pope Viper

4 months later and thought I would beg like a little girl!

6. zaiger

zaiger Active Member

Bumping. I too would like this, don't want to create a new thread though as this is the first result in Google on the subject.
  7. Donnie La Curan

Donnie La Curan Active Member

I'd like to see this.

Admin's are the only ones allowed to set the custom title with HTML.
  8. zaiger

zaiger Active Member

Currently? I have tried it a couple different ways with no success. As I understand it the parse HTML extension is no longer working correctly with the newest versions of Xenforo, correct me if I'm wrong though.
  9. Donnie La Curan

Donnie La Curan Active Member

No not currently, it's what I would like to see. An admin only ability to set a HTML custom title on a user, not just a group.
  10. Gatses

Gatses Member

Can you add support of HTML in the field "Custom Title"?:)
    Romchik® likes this.
  11. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

Assuming you mean the user entered custom title field, are you aware of the significant security hole that would leave, allowing members to run HTML (and iframes etc)? It would also allow them to insert huge images, that could really screw up the Avatar area in the threads.
  12. Gatses

Gatses Member

Not user, admin only and only from ACP.
  13. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I suspect you may be better off posting in the add-on requests forum for this.
  14. Pope Viper

Looks like there was a paid mod made for specific user by James, but nothing else has come out that I've seen.