XF 1.5 HTML Formatting for User Upgrades Doesn't Work?

Michael Murguia

HI there,

I have a couple user upgrades configured on my site, and the html formatting does not work. It is not showing errors, or showing the HTML markup, whch leaves me to believe it is recognized, but it is not formatting correctly.
HTML code looks like this:
Code:
<h3>Become an Overland Bound Supporter!</h3>

<p>Thank you for you're involvement and ongoing support. By becoming an <strong>Overland Bound Supporter</strong>, you will help us to maintain the website, develop new features, bring more trip reposrts and videos, and provide a high level of quality for community. We want to continue to offer an ad-free site. We just don't want to place ads to pay for bits. We REALLY appreciate your involvement. In addition to our gratitude, you will also get:</p>

<ol>
  <li>A special badge in the forums that identifies you as a &quot;Supporter&quot;.</li>
  <li>Private access to the &quot;Overland Bound Supporter&quot; Forum. Corrie or Michael will respond within 24hrs (if  not on an expedition)</li>
  <li>Your choice of $5.00 off on an Overland Bound Emblem, or 15% off any item in the store. </li>
  <li>A sticker 5 Pack</li>
  <li>Our eternal gratitude (oh, I already said that.) </li>
</ol>

<p>Thanks again for your ongoing support!</p>

And on the site it looks like this:
Become an Overland Bound Supporter!
Thank you for you're involvement and ongoing support. By becoming an Overland Bound Supporter, you will help us to maintain the website, develop new features, bring more trip reposrts and videos, and provide a high level of quality for community. We want to continue to offer an ad-free site. We just don't want to place ads to pay for bits. We REALLY appreciate your involvement. In addition to our gratitude, you will also get:
A special badge in the forums that identifies you as a "Supporter".
Private access to the "Overland Bound Supporter" Forum. Corrie or Michael will respond within 24hrs (if not on an expedition)
Your choice of $5.00 off on an Overland Bound Emblem, or 15% off any item in the store.
A sticker 5 Pack
Our eternal gratitude (oh, I already said that.)
Thanks again for your ongoing support!

I'd like to be able include images etc with html. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

M

Wrap the content in a div.
Code:
<div class="baseHtml">
Content...
</div>
First of all, thank you! I am amazed at your fast response! It still does not honor the tags such as <strong> or <p> or any other tag. It just displays as body basically. It looks like this now:

Attachments

• 2015-09-21_1129.webp
    2015-09-21_1129.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 5
For reference, the full code now looks like this:

Code:
<div class="baseHTML">
<h2>Become an Overland Bound Supporter!</h2>

<p>Thank you for you're involvement and ongoing support. By becoming an <strong>Overland Bound Supporter</strong>, you will help us to maintain the website, develop new features, bring more trip reposrts and videos, and provide a high level of quality for community. We want to continue to offer an ad-free site. We just don't want to place ads to pay for bits. We REALLY appreciate your involvement. In addition to our gratitude, you will also get:</p>

<ol>
  <li>A special badge in the forums that identifies you as a &quot;Supporter&quot;.</li>
  <li>Private access to the &quot;Overland Bound Supporter&quot; Forum. Corrie or Michael will respond within 24hrs (if  not on an expedition)</li>
  <li>Your choice of $5.00 off on an Overland Bound Emblem, or 15% off any item in the store. </li>
  <li>A sticker 5 Pack</li>
  <li>Our eternal gratitude (oh, I already said that.) </li>
</ol>

<p>Thanks again for your ongoing support!</p>
</div>

It works for me but it is very subtle.

View attachment 117422

Your custom style may overriding some of the elements such as <strong>.

Ah! Thank you! Yes, that is what it is supposed to look like! Is there a simple way to keep my theme from overriding those elements, or to brute-force override in the user upgrades HTML? I understand we are now off-topic, but any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated!

Thanks !

If you are using a third party style, it may be worth contacting the designer to determine why the markup is not being applied correctly.

Otherwise you can use other classes or inline styling, e.g. <span style="font-weight: bold">Overland Bound Supporter</span>

Top Bottom