XF 1.1 How warnings work?

Morgain

I have only just discovered Warnings so i have read the manual on this and looked in admincp.
It looks very useful but it seems to handle the info only individually per user except for admins..

I assume my moderators get an alert on the moderator bar at the top if there is a new warning.
Is this the moderator permission View warning details: ?
What is the permission Give users warnings directly: ?

The instructions say that a user under a selected Warning can be automatically added to a specific usergroup.
But moderators can't search for a usergroup so they cannot see any list of these users.
Is there another way for them to see grouped Warnings? (without access to the admincp?)

Warnings appear on a user's profile, under the Warnings tab.

View warning details is as it sounds - it allows moderators to view the warning details.
Give users warnings directly allows moderators to warn users from their profile page.

If you set any warning actions up to add to a user group, you will have to inform the moderators what those are.

I'm confuse what is the best option to select :confused:

- Banned for time period
or
- Banned while at or above points threshold

Help me decide Sir Brogan,,

Warnings appear on a user's profile, under the Warnings tab.

Yes I get that. I think they can also appear on the Membercard or even somehow on the avatar. Will test that.

View warning details is as it sounds - it allows moderators to view the warning details.

I would like to know what this looks like.

Can the moderator view a list of all users who have a current X warning?
What about records of expired warnings?

What about several different kinds of warnings ---> usergroups ..... if I make about 5 of these how can the moderator see a summary of this?
the 5 titles, with number of active warnings in each like an alert flag? / access to list of users in each who have these warnings

Give users warnings directly allows moderators to warn users from their profile page.
If you set any warning actions up to add to a user group, you will have to inform the moderators what those are.

Inform them of what? the new warning names? and other details - because that is tucked away in admincp?

Top Bottom