How to use gsuite for my domain email, but use the same domain with 3rd party bulk service?

sross

My issue:

I use gsuite for my domain, the limits are not good enough as bulk mailouts are 75-80k emails

I discovered this today and now mail is not routing due to hitting the limit. I'm not sure what happens now, wait 10 days for the gsuite queue to clear? Or has everything after the limit failed?

I reverted to default server email, but since doing this email shows up in SPAM folder.

Can anyone advise on a solution to use gsuite for my day to day but a 3rd party for bulk mailout -yet retain domain name so spam is not an issue. Or should I create another domain name, and route bulk through that? Still seems like the other domain would conflict with server domain and cause spam though? Cheers

current status 40k mails stuck in my whm mail queue, google seems to allow 20k a day. weird thing is i tried to setup a local smtp server with no luck, and then when switching my mail settings back to default the mail doesn't even show up in spam, it was showing up in spam initially when it turned off smtp for gmail.

You will need a 3rd party tool that separates bulk mail from regular forum mail. We have the exact same configuration @ DBTech (Google Apps for email, separate SMTP info for bulk mail) through our DragonByte Mail app. DB Mail allows you to (optionally) specify separate SMTP info for your mailing lists :)

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/dbtech-dragonbyte-mail.5867/

Fillip
This looks awesome, will try the demo tomorrow. So could I use my own dedicated server smtp for the mailouts? How do you keep them from showing in spam? thanks

This looks awesome, will try the demo tomorrow. So could I use my own dedicated server smtp for the mailouts? How do you keep them from showing in spam? thanks
If you mean the XF demo site we have, it’s not up to date and may or may not be working - it will be discontinued once we move to XF2.

You could use your own dedicated server or any other SMTP info yeah, sadly there’s no magic trick to keeping your emails out of spam. That’s why we make sure to route transactional emails via GMail :)

Fillip

I would suggest using something like Amazon SES for bulk mail, or if you wanna take the easy route to that - use Sendy (https://sendy.co/).

Gmail isn't going to be great for transactional emails. If you have a very active site their rate limiting will hit. You'd be better off using SES or a similar service that is meant for sending a large number of transactional emails

Top Bottom