how to upload an image into a Conversation?

erich37

I have tried now to upload an image into a "Conversation" here at this website xenforo.com

How to do this?
I can not find the "Upload a File" button for inserting an image into a conversation under "More Options".

Is this feature not available or did XenForo.com restrict myself for file-upload capabilities?

Thanks!

It would be really very kind if uploads will be permitted for all users in conversations. Thanks.

It would be really very kind if uploads will be permitted for all users in conversations. Thanks.

I would say it would be unlikely for it to be allowed to upload any sort of private conversation here, as it can't be moderated if people abuse it.

It's only available for staff.
After a surreal conversation I just realised that our staff don't have the "upload a file" button in conversations (XF 1.5.21).
Did this get changed so you have to be an admin instead of just staff? I can't find any options to change it...

Update: found it (not an option but a permission, d'oh!), fixed it. There is no group (that I can find) for staff permissions so I guess this was shorthand for admins/moderators?

Last edited:
After a surreal conversation I just realised that our staff don't have the "upload a file" button in conversations (XF 1.5.21).
Did this get changed so you have to be an admin instead of just staff? I can't find any options to change it...

Update: found it (not an option but a permission, d'oh!), fixed it. There is no group (that I can find) for staff permissions so I guess this was shorthand for admins/moderators?
The discussion in this thread is relating to uploads in conversations on this site. The reference to staff was to staff here. It's an old thread too as some users as well as staff on here can now upload attachments in conversations.

Top Bottom