XF 2.2 How to update a theme from a third party vendor?

Lorthirk

Hello,

I bought a XenForo license and a custom theme from a third party vendor. This vendor has later released an updated version of the theme I bought, but when I go to updated it I get a different theme installed on my XenForo instance instead of having the previously installed one updated, leaving me to copy all the customized settings from the old theme to the new one. I asked the vendor who tells me that this is the standard XenForo behaviour; is this correct? Is there no way in XenForo to update a third party theme without losing all the settings? Or is it something strictly related to this specific theme?

Hello,

I bought a XenForo license and a custom theme from a third party vendor. This vendor has later released an updated version of the theme I bought, but when I go to updated it I get a different theme installed on my XenForo instance instead of having the previously installed one updated, leaving me to copy all the customized settings from the old theme to the new one. I asked the vendor who tells me that this is the standard XenForo behaviour; is this correct? Is there no way in XenForo to update a third party theme without losing all the settings? Or is it something strictly related to this specific theme?
Maybe a theme designer can answer this question for you, but from my understanding, xenforo has nothing to do with 3rd party plugins, etc.
They just focus on vanilla xenforo and their core add-ons. So all of the functionality of a 3rd party add-on is solely on that company.
Does it say on their website specifically, that when you update our themes you will have to continuously copy all the customized settings from the old theme to the new one? Do they mean Merge Templates?

When I upgrade an add-on it does not change my settings, But again, I don't know about themes.

Top Bottom