XF 2.1 How to stop ios keyboard losing capitalisation on new paragraph. Or is it a bug?

Mr Lucky

At first I thought this was a bug, maybe it is. Who knows?

On iPhone, when you press return the keyboard changes to capitals. However for a new paragraph you have to press return again in order to get the space.

The keyboard then goes back to lower case.

NB: mentioned here but the only answer seems to be switch to bbcode editor!)

So is there a way to fix this?

(nb: it all works fine with dictation if if I say "new parargraph"

Last edited:
IOS is fairly buggy with the editor. There are a bunch of discussions about it. I actually put some code in (thanks to someone here) that disables it by default when it detects an IOS user. (the same as clicking the settings gear)

There is a suggestion here that would fix this issue by requiring only one return to start a new paragraph:
Please voice your support/upvote in that thread.

My code to disable the BB editor on mobiles is here but untested in 2.2, there were some editor changes:

I actually just took the code OUT, to get ready for eventual 2.2. This is what I had, thanks to Adam

Code:
    <xf:comment>
        ; Added 5/9/20 MPL to disable rich text editor by default for IOS devices that have bug in browser. Courtesy of adamgreenough from XF forum.
    </xf:comment>
    <script>   
        if(/iPhone|iPad|iPod|Opera Mini/i.test(navigator.userAgent)) {
            window.localStorage.setItem('xf_editorDisabled', '1');
        }
    </script>

I actually just took the code OUT, to get ready for eventual 2.2. This is what I had, thanks to Adam

Code:
    <xf:comment>
        ; Added 5/9/20 MPL to disable rich text editor by default for IOS devices that have bug in browser. Courtesy of adamgreenough from XF forum.
    </xf:comment>
    <script>  
        if(/iPhone|iPad|iPod|Opera Mini/i.test(navigator.userAgent)) {
            window.localStorage.setItem('xf_editorDisabled', '1');
        }
    </script>
Does it not work with 2.2? Not had a chance to test yet. Certainly the issue is still there.

Top Bottom