1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to specify what restriction is in operation in what area

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Lone Wolf, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

What i mean is that there are certain parts of my site where you have to have have X amount of posts before viewing but members dont know this.

For example if i specify that users must have 30 posts before viewing page X then when they have less than 30 posts and get an error message, the message doesnt tell them they need 30 posts before they can view that area.

How do I change the error message to reflect the reason that the member is being denied access.
  2. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

Try using notices.

Create new group for members who have 30+ posts and add user group upgrade to automatically move all users with 30+ posts to that group. Then create notice that is shown only in specific forum for users who are not members of newly created 30+ posts group.
  3. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

I did think of that but my notice system is a little hit and miss, sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesnt.