1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 How to specify the node name as part of the title in report threads

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by imthebest, Apr 11, 2015.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Hi,

I'm using the classic reports to a node config instead of the new report system. The problem is that when someone reports a post the title of the report is something like:

Reported Content: Post in thread 'XF Database Size'
    (phrase: reported_thread_title)

I want to specify the node name where the thread belongs to so the new thread title for the report should be:

Reported Content: (Off Topic)Post in thread 'XF Database Size'

Is this easily doable?

Thanks,
    Super120

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

It looks like the title may be hard-coded, as I'm not finding anything in the templates searching for the phrases.

For reference, though, you would use this code:

Code:
    {xen:phrase in_forum} <a href="{xen:link forums, $forum}">{$forum.title}</a>

3. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Hi Maru thanks for the feedback but the contents of the phrase reported_thread_title are:

Where {title} seems to be hard-coded making it difficult to achieve what I'm looking for.

@Mike is this possible?

4. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

It would require custom development, to extend the XenForo_ReportHandler_Post::getContentForThread(array $report, array $contentInfo)

You can easily extract the node name ($contentInfo['node_name']), and them append it to the variable which populates 'title' in the phrase.