XF 1.5 How to Solve Late Alert?

bibitbunga

Hi i have enjoyed XF 1.5 so much

But here is my latest little problem: alert always shows up late. There always some minutes delay between occurences and its alert. For example when I mention someone, s/he will receive the alert about it in 4 or 5 minutes later. This is quite a problem and can reduce users activity.

What cause this problem and how to solve? My server is not a problem in this.

Thank you.

Alerts aren't generally automatically polled for, though there are certain actions on a page which may update the alert counter.

Aside from that, alerts only show up if you refresh the page.

To be clear though, alerts are sent instantly, so as soon as something like a page refresh happens the alert should be there.

The exact behaviour, however, may depend on what the alert is for, e.g. add ons may have different behaviour.

There are at least 3 add ons I know of which automatically poll for alerts though. One of them is by me and named Live Update. You may also want to look at the others in case the functionality there is different.

Alerts aren't generally automatically polled for, though there are certain actions on a page which may update the alert counter.

Aside from that, alerts only show up if you refresh the page.

To be clear though, alerts are sent instantly, so as soon as something like a page refresh happens the alert should be there.

The exact behaviour, however, may depend on what the alert is for, e.g. add ons may have different behaviour.

There are at least 3 add ons I know of which automatically poll for alerts though. One of them is by me and named Live Update. You may also want to look at the others in case the functionality there is different.
Hi @Chris D thank you for your reply.

I am not sure if you refer to the alert that I refer to. Ok here it is. Everytime someone mention me or quoting my reply, I will get new notification named "Alert" and there will be a new pop up " You have new alert". Or is it notification? I am sorry I forgot since I translated phrases to Indonesian. The notification appears 4-5 minutes after occurences.

Thank you.

Yes, we're talking about the same thing.

Those pop ups are only triggered by certain actions. If you refresh the page, you probably won't see the pop up, but you will see the alert waiting for you in the alert menu.

As I said, the alerts are sent instantly, but we do not routinely poll the server for updates, so to do that you require one of the add-ons I mentioned.

Top Bottom