RM 1.2 How to show new resourcs in the forum as "new posts"?

snoopy5

RM 1.2.5

Often users are not realizing, that there is a new resource added or that there is a new rating or comment for an old resource.

How can I show this in the forum (1.5.x) similar a new posting in the forum?

Do you have the option set to where it creates a discussion thread? Once that is set, you'll see it when accessing new posts.

I wanted to have that functionality without a discussonthread. I do not want to have the alerts for the postings in the discussionthread. I wanted to have the alerts for the comments below the stars.

I use RM as a Review System. So the star ratings with their comments are the important information. Therefore I disabled the discusionthread functionality.

Resources are simply not threads/posts so they are displayed separately and thus won't be in the new posts system. If you want data inserted there, you need to use the connected discussion thread system.

Note that the resource system is designed differently from threads, in that the resource itself is the most significant entity, followed by any updates the author posts. Reviews do not trigger bumping. (Note that there is a page that aggregates the latest reviews: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/latest-reviews)

Resources are simply not threads/posts so they are displayed separately and thus won't be in the new posts system. If you want data inserted there, you need to use the connected discussion thread system.

Note that the resource system is designed differently from threads, in that the resource itself is the most significant entity, followed by any updates the author posts. Reviews do not trigger bumping. (Note that there is a page that aggregates the latest reviews: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/latest-reviews)

Is this in XF2.x also like that?

If yes, I would make the suggestion for future versions to have in XF ACP the option to enable additionally also the comments under each resource (below the stars) to show up in "new posts" without beeing forced to use the thread system of the resource manager.

Yes, XF2 is like this.

Fundamentally, the feature you're requesting -- content that isn't a thread (post in a thread) being listed in "new posts" -- won't happen. It's really not how the content-specific, new content systems work.

Top Bottom