How to setup Cron

I know that, but we ware asking about cron job under server to invoke your php files.

Normally the OS (Linux / Windows) should call your cron PHP file after certain time interval to perform scheduled task right ? Please advice

I know that, but we ware asking about cron job under server to invoke your php files.

Normally the OS (Linux / Windows) should call your cron PHP file after certain time interval to perform scheduled task right ? Please advice
You don't need to set up any cron jobs when you install; it's done automatically by XenForo itself, and it runs the cron jobs as necessary.

I've moved the thread to pre-sales questions from feedback.

If you have a license, associate your forum account with your customer account and I will move the thread to the correct support forum.

We are using cPanel based hosting and would like to setup Cron Entries.

Can anyone advice which file or URL should I need to setup to schedule cron jobs ?

What tasks are your cron jobs going to perform?

For example, WRT to back-ups:

Backing up a DB to your servers file system doesn't need a special file, just a cron entry. Automating BU's of files from one server to another, or renaming BU'd up files according to date and time and moving them to an archive directory on your server for storage can be done by having a cron job execute a perl script.

Top Bottom