XF 2.0 How to Search for Deleted Posts by Member

That might help, I didn't see that. Looking for a specific post from a user, and have a lot of soft deleted posts, will have to see if it shows what I'm looking for....

Okay, so no one has mentioned this, but I just read another thread, and of course my computer rebooted when my son stepped on the power cord so now I don't know what thread it was.... but anyway...

It was a suggestion that searches by administrators should include soft deleted posts, and I saw a later post that XF 2.0 does now support that feature if you rebuild your search index.

The post I'm looking for was from 2013 so I'm going to rebuild my index and attempt to search for the lost post. I will report back tomorrow if it worked or not.

Deleted content is included in the index, though we don't expose an option to filter to only include that.

If you know some keywords for the post though, that may allow you to track it down.

Deleted content is included in the index, though we don't expose an option to filter to only include that.

If you know some keywords for the post though, that may allow you to track it down.
Once I rebuilt my post search index I found exactly what I was looking for. I couldn’t see the soft deleted post before that even though I did try to search for it.

I guess I never rebuilt the index in the two or three months since I upgraded to 2.0.

All good now!

Top Bottom