How to run a demo site

Enguerran A

Hello,

I'm learning php and mysql and soon POO and I think that I'll be able to create some easy addons (at first) for xenforo and of course, I'll need a demo site. I plan to install it on a subdomain of my actual website and I wish to know if I need, to do that, to buy an other licence or if I can use the same licence I'm using atm.

Sincerely,

Hit'

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/

How many installations can I make with a single license?
Each license permits you to install the software once. However, you may create a single additional test installation for testing purposes only. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to you and your website staff.

You would require a second license for a public demo site.

Okay, so I can make a demo site for my staff but I require an other licence for demo... Once I mastered these language, I'll take an other one

Okay, so I can make a demo site for my staff but I require an other licence for demo... Once I mastered these language, I'll take an other one

You require a seperate license for a public demo site. Examples would be designers linking to demo skins, modification test site/purchase sites, etc. Since this is publically viewed they would require a license for the demo site.

If you have a private/passworded directory for testing purposes that only you & your staff access, you may use the 1 additonal install without the need for a license. Example would be something like - You have a large site & want to make applicable changes on the back-end, you duplicate your site & make the changes on the test site so not to break your active installation. Since this "test/demo" is not publically visible, no additional license is required.

Basically, it comes down to "are you pushing traffic to your demo site other than staff?"
Yes = Another license
No = Create another install & password protect the link. No second license required.

Top Bottom