XF 1.5 How to remove the NEW indicator from posts

PPlank

Newb here.

On the desktop, the dinky little "New" indicator/marker/tag/whatever it's called is relatively small and unnoticable - the default XenForo theme. The problem is, for whatever reason, it takes up an entire column of real estate underneath it. Not so bad on the desktop, but on mobile that's a lot of blank space occupied underneath it. Is there any way of moving it somewhere else, or I'd even like to remove it altogether as it doesn't really add anything to the post at all.

aFTxTzY.jpg

So in order:-

#1 - Can it be moved say to the title bit of the new post instead of occupying the actual post itself? (This would be better.)
#2 - If not #1, can it be removed altogether?

I assume if I change themes, then whatever it is I do to the default theme I'll also need to do to the new theme?

Thanks.

(I did search the forum first for an answer, and tried "remove new tag," "remove new indicator," and a few others, but turned up blank as I don't really know what it's called.)

Thank you. I tried it and it didn't make any difference, but thank you for answering. :)

Edit: THIS would be perfect. I saw it after I posted this message. I don't know why the default theme doesn't do this. That little orange New tag would be ideal.

xjwrl0y.jpg

Thank you. I tried it and it didn't make any difference, but thank you for answering. :)

Edit: THIS would be perfect. I saw it after I posted this message. I don't know why the default theme doesn't do this. That little orange New tag would be ideal.

xjwrl0y.jpg

That’s the XF2 version. If you upgrade in the future, you’ll get it, however it’s a completely new style for the new code base :)

Liam

Top Bottom