1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to remove the 1st dropdown of 'nav tabs'?:

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by CritiKiL, May 31, 2012.

1. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

This is not a big deal, but if there is a way to do it I'd like to try it out...

I now have nav tabs which have 'sub-tabs', which has 'sub-tabs'. So basically there are 3 levels of nav tabs on some of the nav tab links. Because of this, the first 'dropdown' shows more than one dropdown (see image to see what I'm talking about):

file_navtabs1.JPG

How do I remove the initial dropdown? In other words, I don't want users to see any dropdown from the 1st nav tabs, but only when someone hovers over the second-level of 'sub tabs'. There should be no dropdowns until after the first nav tab has been clicked.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

4. Jake Bunce

Did you use the tab id? This should be the id of the tab:

Code:
    .navTabs .forums.Popup .SplitCtrl
    {
    	display: none;
    }

5. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

Haha! I'm such an idiot. So I'll do that for each tab. I didn't see any change because I was defaulted onto the very tab which was removed and was only checking all the other tabs :( Thanks Jake once again.

6. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

Ok. There are two tabs which I cannot find the 'correct' id for: "Gaming (cz-groups)" and a PAGE tab "Shop"... (Site Reference: www.clankillas.com)

7. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

For the groups tab....

Code:
    .navTabs .cz_groups.Popup .SplitCtrl
    {
        display: none;
    }

CritiKiL likes this.
  8. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

Thanks, it works ArnyVee! Now just one more for the Pages tab...

9. Jake Bunce

Shop is nodetab49

CritiKiL likes this.
  10. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

Great. Now it looks alot better :cool:

11. Jake Bunce

Oh by the way, that page node should have a popup menu option in the Admin CP. The Nodes As Tabs addon makes that an option.

CritiKiL likes this.