How to remove sub-forum drop down from forum list?

kingston

Could someone help me with this? As nice as it is my users don't use it and I want to un-clutter a bit.

It shouldn't be too difficult but unfortunately I don't have access to my test install at the moment so can't tell you what you need to edit :(

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> node_forum_level_2

Remove this entire block of code:

Code:
				<xen:if is="{$renderedChildren} AND {$level} == 2">
					<div class="Popup subForumsPopup">
						<a href="{xen:link forums, $forum}" rel="Menu" class="concealed"><span class="dt">{xen:phrase sub_forums}:</span> {xen:number $forum.childCount}</a>

<div class="Menu JsOnly subForumsMenu">
							<div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
								<h3>{$forum.title}</h3>
								<div class="muted">{xen:phrase sub_forums}</div>
							</div>
							<ol class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
							<xen:foreach loop="$renderedChildren" value="$child">
								{xen:raw $child}
							</xen:foreach>
							</ol>
						</div>
					</div>
				</xen:if>

Make the same edit to this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> node_category_level_2

Similar but opposite question :p

How might one go about displaying the subforum drop down on interior forum lists?

For example:

Category A
Forum A​
Subforum A​
Sub Category A​
Forum B​
Subforum B​

When on the index, Forum A displays the subforum drop down. When clicking into Category B, there is no subforum drop down for Forum B, rather Subforum B simply displays below Forum B.

Thanks.

When clicking into Category B, there is no subforum drop down for Forum B, rather Subforum B simply displays below Forum B.

That is normal. The two forums look the same in the listing even though they are at different levels because the level1 template is identical to the level2 template. You need to edit this template if you want to differentiate the two:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> node_forum_level_1

One more question about subforums - is there any way to display a sub forum at the top of the forum page, but not in the node list?

I don't understand.

Top Bottom