XF 2.2 How to remove email field from registration form

WRIST.pub

Hello. I submitted a support request but was told this was beyond the scope of support offered in tickets and that I should put here.

My hosting company, GoDaddy, is claiming that all email from my domain is spam, and is bouncing it. It's causing issues outside of my hobby site, causing issues with my business customers. So, I removed all email addresses from the xenforo database. That works for existing, but each time someone registers...a new email address, and I have to manually prune them.

What I'd like to do is remove the required email address field from the registration form, which in itself I don't think would be too difficult to find, BUT, obviously there's some check somewhere since it is a required field and if I simply remove it, I know bad things will happen.

Does anyone know what I can do?

I've asked my programmer (not familiar with xenforo syntax) to set up a cron job (outside of xenforo cron stuff) to go through and clear the sql table xf_user of any email addresses every 30 minutes, but I thought there might be a cleaner solution.

Thanks for any helpful input (other than get a better hosting provider, I know).

Rob

Why not disable email confirmation for users? The email address field will remain, but your system won't send emails to newly registered users for confirmation.

Anyway, I would rather check your domain for SPF, DKIM,...

Why not disable email confirmation for users? The email address field will remain, but your system won't send emails to newly registered users for confirmation.

Anyway, I would rather check your domain for SPF, DKIM,...
Ah, there's a lot more ways that email gets out than just that. Notifications, for example. I've tried disabling everything I can, went through the entire ACP twice, every "option". Appreciate it, though.

If you just want to disable sending emails from your board completely, add this to your config.php in src folder on the server:

$config['enableMail'] = false;

Top Bottom