XF 2.2 How to remove certainty post completely ?

USY

I have some members post with claimed copyright content.
I have (Hard) delete those post from the community, but the hosting provider claimed that the URL’s are still available once the requested with curl -I

My question is, how what I have to do, to remove the links completely (so that the links) can’t also be called up with curl -l

Thanks in advance

I have some members post with claimed copyright content.
I have (Hard) delete those post from the community, but the hosting provider claimed that the URL’s are still available once the requested with curl -I

My question is, how what I have to do, to remove the links completely (so that the links) can’t also be called up with curl -l

Thanks in advance

If this issue is caused by images or embed medias.
You may check Image and link proxy options.

yeah this is likely to be a caching issue. guest page caching or caching done by cloudflare like cdns. images might last for a bit longer as i believe xenforo cleans up deleted images on a scheduled interval.

What URL are they requesting that suggests the content is still there? For example, if you removed an individual post but they're requesting the the thread that contained the post, their request will "succeed" but the offending content won't be there.

What URL are they requesting that suggests the content is still there? For example, if you removed an individual post but they're requesting the the thread that contained the post, their request will "succeed" but the offending content won't be there.
Exactly like that, is there a way to prevent this?

I'm assuming the link was something like this: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-remove-certainty-post-completely.196146/#post-1526056

If so, then short of deleting the whole thread, there isn't anything you can do with the methodology they seem to be using. Their approach seems really bizarre though. This approach would require you to delete a whole blog entry because someone said something infringing in a comment (quite similar really) or even for Google to block an entire search result because one entry was potentially infringing.

Top Bottom