How to remove a user

rubyone1

I'm a new user of XenForo and we have an unusual problem on our Forums and hoping to get an idea about what to do.

We are a small e-commerce company and we use the forums to provide product support and foster a sense of community amongst our customer base. So that means customers post photos and exchanges tips about our products.

We have a user who was a very prolific user on our forums who appears to be unstable. We are trying to figure out how to best deal with this situation. I "banned" the user, but the problem with this is that now "Banned" appears under his name for any forum thread he posted--which I think just looks unwelcoming to other users.

Are there any other suggestions for how to handle problematic users and quarantine them, without drawing too much attention to them?

I "banned" the user, but the problem with this is that now "Banned" appears under his name for any forum thread he posted--which I think just looks unwelcoming to other users.
How did you ban the user? XenForo doesn't make it obvious that someone is banned for exactly that reason.

In the admin CP, go to Users > Banned Users and ban the person from there. I'm assuming you changed the person's user group. I should note that XenForo doesn't even have a banned user group. That would've been brough across from your import.

Top Bottom