How to remove a deleted add-on from the list of add-ons in the AdminCP

djbaxter

in memoriam 1947-2022
We have one add-on which was installed by the previous owner and which we have never used.

Evidently it was never uploaded to the server when the forum was purchased a few years ago or it has since been deleted.

It is still listed in the add-ons list as disabled but when I try to uninstall it, the error message says:

The files necessary for uninstallation of this add-on could not be found. Please replace them.

I don't want reinstall this add-on even if it could be found.

How do I remove it from the list of installed add-ons?

It sounds like the add-on was merely disabled without being uninstalled before it was deleted (that is, the add-on is still technically installed). You'd have to re-upload the add-on's files to actually uninstall it.

If I could, that would be the solution.

However, that is not possible. I believe it was a custom add-on commissioned by the previous owner and we do not have the files to upload.

I suppose you could enable debug mode, go to the add-on list, edit the add-on in question, and remove the values for 'Uninstallation Code'. Then uninstallation should proceed without error. Still, I'm not sure I'd actually advise doing this because not having the uninstaller code present can leave orphaned data in your installation at best, and potentially cause more severe problems at worst (depending on how invasive the add-on is). If you do attempt this, it's best to try it on a test installation (mirroring your live installation) first, and proceed only after confirming it doesn't cause any problems. And don't forget to disable debug mode afterwards.

If you aren't absolutely sure of what you're doing or aren't prepared to handle any issues that may result, then it might be better to just leave it be if it doesn't really seem to be hurting anything.

I suppose you could enable debug mode, go to the add-on list, edit the add-on in question, and remove the values for 'Uninstallation Code'. Then uninstallation should proceed without error.

No. That didn't work, actually. It wouldn't allow me to do that because it couldn't find the original add-on.

Well, perhaps it should work. But I'm telling you that it didn't. I edited the add-on in debug mode, removed the uninstall code value, bit it wouldn't even allow me to save the edit.

Top Bottom