1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to recompile templates programatically [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Development Tutorials and Resources' started by Rigel Kentaurus, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus Well-Known Member

Rigel Kentaurus submitted a new resource:

How to recompile templates programatically (version 1.0.0) - How to recompile templates programatically

Read more about this resource...

2. guiltar

guiltar Well-Known Member

This may cause timeouts because templates expected to be recompiled by small chunks.
    That's why compileAllTemplates has arguments $maxExecution = 0, $startStyle = 0, $startTemplate = 0

Xon, Yoskaldyr and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Rigel Kentaurus

You can always add

Code:
    @set_time_limit(0);

to the top of the script. Won't work in safe mode, of course.

I was developing something that seriously messed up with the compiled templates, and I needed to recompile them.
    The templates are already recompiled if an add-on is installed anyway, so this is not really needed in those scenarios.

guiltar likes this.
  4. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

If the install directory is still in place you can also go there to rebuild all the caches if needed.

5. Rigel Kentaurus

Even thought it isn't technically required to remove the install directory, I would encourage anyone to delete it, rename it, or at least password protect it. If one day there is any kind of bug related to access to the installer, there should not be a tool in place to wipe your forum installation. The install-lock.php protection file is a weak mechanism for my tastes, and I certainly feel more secure wiping the whole thing out, especially when it is certainly not needed.

6. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

Yep agreed. Password protection should be what people choose. Also adding it to the ACP as well. I'll be working on DevTools soon (extending what I already made) to make add-on development much less frustrating in areas and to also auto build packages with build steps etc likea compiled language so you can auto generate file hashes, integrate with VCS etc. I'll post what I have privately on XenForo once I have time.

7. Rigel Kentaurus

This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.

8. rugk

rugk Active Member

Why?

9. wang

wang Well-Known Member

10. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This was the author's choice. (The housekeeping refers only to paid resources for any "automated" process.)

11. rugk

rugk Active Member

Indeed. As this is a tutorial it should not be removed.
    So I ask my question to @Rigel Kentaurus: Why do you deleted this and other resources from you?