1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to put the "member box" to the homepage ?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by erich37, Jan 3, 2011.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I would like to put a member-box (probably random members) onto the sidebar of the homepage.
    As I am running a Dating-website, I would like to have some member-avatars showing up on the homepage. Like e.g. the box with 6 or 10 member-avatars.

How to do this ?

Appreciate your help.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. erich37

are those add-ons safe to use ?

thanks!

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You would be better off asking in the related threads.
    I haven't installed them so can't comment either way.

5. erich37

besides the 3rd-party Add-ons available, how do I put the already existing member-box "Highest Posting Members" and "Newest Members" also onto the Forum-Homepage ?

I do not want to use any 3rd party add-ons which seem to be buggy, I would rather like to just put the existing Member-boxes also on the Forum-home.

6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That still requires an addon. Those member boxes already exist on the members page, but not on the index page.

7. erich37

thanks Jake, but what is the code for this member-boxes ?
    I want to have those also on the homepage. can I copy the code from the members-page and insert it into the home-page into the sidebar ?

8. Jake Bunce

9. erich37

hmmm.... so difficult ?

10. Jake Bunce

This isn't very difficult. But it does require custom development. The Development Questions forum is the best place to post for help with this. Or if you aren't comfortable with code then you can post an Add-on Request.