1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to properly set up minify option

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by gldtn, Oct 19, 2011.

1. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

I was thinking of using the option to minify, but I'm a little lost on the direction and I wanted to make sure I'm doing it correctly before I apply..

Minify CSS
    If true, CSS will be run through minify before being served.

So I checked the above option..

And applied the following cache mechanism into the config.php file:
    $config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
    $config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
    $config['cache']['frontendOptions'] = array(
        'caching'                  => true,
        'automatic_serialization'  => true,
        'lifetime'                  => 3600,
        'cache_id_prefix'          => 'cm_'
    $config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';
    And I also wanted to use Fetch public templates as files

Did I miss something?

2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That should be fine for you minified css.

Are you using an opcode cache? APC, eaccelerator etc? You will need one for the template caching.
  3. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

I ran apc.php on my server and it said that it was not installed and I got this from my host provider:

:cautious: Is this true? right now I have the backend as set to 'file'
  4. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Have you tried eAccelerator?
  5. Slavik

AFAIK no they arn't compatible, but also zend optimiser isnt actually an optimiser so to speak, doesnt it allow for the reading of encrypted php files?

I would remove zend optimiser (if you arnt using any files that require decryption) and install APC.
    gldtn likes this.
  6. Slavik

Yup, thought so.

Despite the name, Zend Optimizer is not a code accelerator. Rather, is a free, closed source PHP extension by Zend Technologies that enables PHP 5.2 or earlier to run files encoded or obfuscated by Zend Guard.[3] Zend Optimizer 3.0 or greater allows to deobfuscate files and, Zend Optimizer 3.3 or greater allows to decode files
    gldtn likes this.
  7. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

No, I haven't looked into it yet, but I did run into this thread here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/apc-or-eaccelerator.19029/.. will keep an eye on it to see what ppl say about it.

Most of the stuff I'm running is Xenforo related and Wordpress, and I don't believe these scripts depends on that. So I'll have Zend Optimizer removed.

Thanks for the response guys!