XF 1.5 How to prevent normal registered users from creating threads

KhanTastic

Hi friends,
I am new to this forum and just started learning things and loving the software is super amazing.
I wanna know wow to prevent normal registered users from creating threads in the main category.
For example, I have Main forum called Movies
Then I made sub forum under movies

Movies (Main forum)
Horror (child sub forum)
Funny(child sub forum)
Comedy(child sub forum)

So my question is when users click on Movies the main forum then can still creare New Thread there. I
don't want to allow my users to make threads there, I want them to only make threads in those sub forums.

I hope you understand, it was hard for me to explain this thing :)

Appreciate your assistance.

So my question is when users click on Movies the main forum then can still creare New Thread there. I
don't want to allow my users to make threads there, I want them to only make threads in those sub forums.
I suspect this is a forum when it should be a category.

You can either create a new category and move the genre forums to it, or revoke permission to post threads for the registered user group in the respective forums.

I suspect this is a forum when it should be a category.

You can either create a new category and move the genre forums to it, or revoke permission to post threads for the registered user group in the parent forum.
I don't want movies as category, I have category called entertainment so movies is the forum inside that category. Then I created sub child forum inside movies forum. When I set permission to movies forum register users can't make new thread that works fine but then users can't make threads in the child forum as well.
Hope you understand my point, it's very hard to explain as English is not my first language :(

You need to follow what @Brogan said, You need to set a Movie Category.
  1. Movies (Main Category)
    Horror (child sub forum)
    Funny(child sub forum)
    Comedy(child sub forum)
Thanks for the reply, bro I don't want movies to be the category. I have category called entertainment and inside that category I have forum called movies and then child forums inside movies.

If no posts are permitted in that node then why make it a forum?

Regardless, just revoke the permission in the parent forum and allow it for each forum.
Because child forum takes small space on form index page, so I want to show more categories under one roof means movie forum. If I have just forum for each category it will make forum so long. That's why I want to have sub/child forums. Let me try that permission thing you said. It's night time now here will try in morning.
And thank you for being there so active always, just because your support was so active I made my mind to buy the license and I'm loving the forum it's amazing and bug free.

Top Bottom