How to prevent moderators from moderating admin posts

Charles Davies

I've been trying out XenForo using the demo facility. I've noticed that moderators are able to moderate posts written by administrators (by default). What needs to done to restrict a moderator's ability to moderate admin posts (without restricting their ability to moderate all other user types)?

Give the moderators the ability to soft delete posts but not hard delete. If they moderate an admin post then undelete the post (as an admin) and then have a word with them about why they felt the need to moderate an administrator post. Also ensure they know who are administrators and that they are not to moderate posts made by those users under any circumstance.

You mention an add-on. Is there an add-on currently available to do this?

It's not a simple "tweak", but I am looking into this with a few people. Don't expect me personally to release something. This particular tweak is over my head to realize. No promises, but .. hope to give you some good news soon.

Thanks for the info.

Not all who engage in fora are well-intentioned, like-minded chaps who would never post maliciously. I don't want to be in a position whereby a disgruntled mod could potentially take umbrage and start deleting admin posts.

Pah!

It's been almost 2 hours since the thread was started ;)
a other add-on prevented me from testing ( as i wanted to create some test moderators, i wasn't able to register on my testboard^^ http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ragtek-advanced-link-permissions-and-linkchecker.17974/
badteeth.gif

Unless I'm mistake (and I always carry an edible hat) although mods can do typical mod actions such as edit, delete etc they cannot warn a moderator.

Do I need to get me edible hat out?

Top Bottom