1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to prevent moderators from moderating admin posts

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Charles Davies, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Charles Davies

Charles Davies New Member

I've been trying out XenForo using the demo facility. I've noticed that moderators are able to moderate posts written by administrators (by default). What needs to done to restrict a moderator's ability to moderate admin posts (without restricting their ability to moderate all other user types)?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There are no user configurable options related to that.

It would require an add-on.

3. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

Give the moderators the ability to soft delete posts but not hard delete. If they moderate an admin post then undelete the post (as an admin) and then have a word with them about why they felt the need to moderate an administrator post. Also ensure they know who are administrators and that they are not to moderate posts made by those users under any circumstance.

4. Charles Davies

You mention an add-on. Is there an add-on currently available to do this?

5. Floris

Floris Guest

It's not a simple "tweak", but I am looking into this with a few people. Don't expect me personally to release something. This particular tweak is over my head to realize. No promises, but .. hope to give you some good news soon.

6. Brogan

Why not?

I've had posts on my own forum moderated when it was warranted.

7. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

Well on most of the forums that I frequent the admins are generally the owners and have the privilege of saying what they want.

8. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

I've had my post with a teribble speeling erorr "moderated". Thanks for my moderrator for it.

Enigma likes this.
  9. Brogan

I'm the owner of my forum, but I still have to abide by the rules the same as all the other members.

whynot likes this.
  10. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

Fair enough, cannot argue with that.

whynot likes this.
  11. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Dean likes this.
  12. Charles Davies

Thanks for the info.

Not all who engage in fora are well-intentioned, like-minded chaps who would never post maliciously. I don't want to be in a position whereby a disgruntled mod could potentially take umbrage and start deleting admin posts.

13. Floris

Floris Guest

There we go =D

ragtek & team +1

14. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

Ragtek is a fast worker!

15. Brogan

Pah!

It's been almost 2 hours since the thread was started ;)

16. ragtek

ragtek Guest