• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to place container around categories

ToDie4

I'm trying to figure out which files I need to be working with to convert my vbulletin, CH216 and phpBB3 Skins to xenforo, with not much luck.

I need to be able to generate a graphic container around the categories but I'm not seeing where to work from, with vbulletin I would have had to work with the forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost template for the index categories and then FORUMDISPLAY for the viewforum forums, but I cannot find the equivalent in xenforo.

I will add an example image to clarify what I am trying to achieve, if anyone can point me in the right direction please. :)

Attachments

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Search for .nodeList .node.level_1 in the css.

You can add styling to that class.
If you add it to EXTRA.css then you won't have to modify any existing templates.

James

Could that not be accomplished with a border, box-shadow and absolutely positioned background images?

Either way, if you want to add extra HTML you should edit the forum_list template which should direct you to a node template (in the opened tabs). Can't access my XF install atm so I'm unable to provide actual templates.

ToDie4

There are nine graphics involved in the container, a border box shadow and absolute positioning is not going to suffice.

The template you refer to is node_list, that is still not a template I can work with I'm afraid, I'm a tad concerned here, I was under the impression that xenforo was straight forward to Skin, it is really not proving to be the case.