1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to pass a new variable to template.xml file

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Anoop, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Anoop

Anoop New Member

I have installed my own custom theme to xenforo. In my template.xml file i can see the usage of some variable like {$requestPaths.fullBasePath} in the head section. If i want use another variable like these in the header section, where should i defined this variable and from where we can assign values o that variable?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Can you provide more information about what you are trying to do? That will determine the appropriate method.

3. Anoop

Anoop New Member

Yes sure. I have added an addon Article into my site and it article list page, article view page and article edit page. For each article i have article title, article seo title and article description. I am loading on this content in the article view page using article id. So i can show article title and article description successfully on article view page. But article seo title i need to add as meta title in header(PAGE_CONTAINER) page. Only for article pages i have seo title as meta title all other page i have static seo titles. But for article page i don't know how to pass this article seo title to the PAGE_CONTAINER page.

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member