how to: only show custom style / user should not select default style ?

erich37

I have created a new custom style.

But currently it is possible for the user the choose both the default or my custom style, although I have disabled "Allow user selction" for my custom style.

So what to do in order to have my custom style available only ?
The user should not be able to select any style, I just want to have my custom style showing for the website.

Do I need to delete the default style ?

Many thanks,

Just set your custom style as the default in the ACP.

acp_default_style.webp

Then set the other style to not selectable by users.

acp_style_not_selectable.webp

Don't forget as Admin you will have access to all styles, even if not selectable.

I actually just created a new style and changed a specific color.

But I guess I have been logged in as Admin, so I could switch styles, although I have set my custom style as default. So that might have been the issue.

I will try again to see if I can manage this.

Anyway many thanks for your help, Brogan ! You are the best moderator over here !

Just log out and browse your site as a guest.
You'll see then which style is the default and which are available to choose.
Although I believe this is a bug.
I have default unchecked and my style checked. A guest will see the style chooser and when they click on it have this option

screen.webp

but if they click on either style, it is always the custom style.
I would think if there is only one available, the chooser should not be visible or at least not list Use default style.
Am I explaining this correctly?

steven,

do you see your BavForums in the style-chooser when being logged out ?
I need to check this tomorrow again, whether this also shows to guests or Admin only...... if it shows to guests even when default-style us unchecked, then it is a bug......

There's only one style there.
The bavForums style is the default style.

Although I see your point with regards to there only being one style available.

steven,

do you see your BavForums in the style-chooser when being logged out ?
I need to check this tomorrow again, whether this also shows to guests or Admin only...... if it shows to guests even when default-style us unchecked, then it is a bug......
The image above is when clicking on style chooser as a guest.

how do I change the background-color from grey to something else ?
I have changed the background-color at the "Default Style", but it does not take the color I have selected.

Do I need to create a new style in order to just change the background-color ?

Hi Brogan,

I mean the gry-colored page-background #F0F0F0
I have tried to change this color at "Style Properties / Color Palette", but does not work.....

I have upgraded from XF Beta2 to XF Beta5 now and my custom background-color stayed the same, meaning it did not change on the software-upgrade which is fine.
But now I wanted to change the background-color to some other color and only some portion of my background-color changed.

Any changes made in the ACP to the colour palette will affect all CSS elements which utilise that colour.
If you've made edits to the template and/or CSS then this may not be the case.

If you want to change the page background colour, go to Style Properties -> General -> HTML: Background Color

Some templates may need reverting due to a small bug - see the full list here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-0-0-beta-4-released.8732/#post-120570

You will need to reapply any edits you have made to those templates after reverting them.

Top Bottom