1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to move website lower, but keep logoBlock height ?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by erich37, Apr 24, 2013.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have been trying to move the whole website lower by about 50px , but not sure how to do this.
    The only thing I have achieved is to move the Navigation-bar lower. But I can not get the body and the content of the website to move lower.

How to put a padding or a margin or some other CSS magic, so that there is a space of 50px between the "#logoBlock" and the other items of the website ?

I have put a shadow towards the "#logoBlock" which should remain its height as is (logo-height).
    Code:
    #logoBlock
    {
    background: #FFFFFF;
    box-shadow: 1px 0 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4);
    }
    move_website_lower_keep_logoblock_height.gif

Appreciate your help!

Many thanks! :)

2. Lycaon

Lycaon Well-Known Member

Would adding this work?

Code:
    margin-bottom: 50px;

3. erich37

yeah, but where to put it ?

Adding it to the CSS of "#logoBlock" is just moving the Navbar down, but not the other stuff of the website. By doing so, the Navbar is overlapping the breadcrumb and the Forum...

4. thumped

thumped Well-Known Member

i did this by changing the height setting for the logo image... very hackish, but works.

I'd definitely prefer a more elegant solution.

5. erich37

probably define a new "class" containing the "padding" and entering it into some template would work?

6. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Header height is tied into the logo height by calculations, just increase the logo height then adjust logo if need be.

7. erich37

quite hard to achieve this...... especially when you have a logo which requires a white-colored background.
    The trouble is that the NavTabs are tied to the header....... :(