XF 1.1 How to move User(Group A) to Group B

TsinJu

Hello, i have just finished successfully the import of my old Forum into xenforo.
I now have some Usergroups i need to get rid of. Means i want to move different Users forum one Group to another, after that i want to delete the old Usergroup.
But i dont find where to move this Users.

Mass user management comes in 1.2.

In the meantime, if you delete a user group, all of the members will fall back to the default Registered group.

Thank you ;)
I just have another way in mind and, what a surprise, with it another Question.
i found an older xenforo mysql DB. Is it possible to merge just parts of the new, imported DB, into the older one?
And if, is anyone willing to explain me how to?

Just found a few tut´s, but it is that f*** complex thats quite impossible for me ;)

Thank you ;)
I just have another way in mind and, what a surprise, with it another Question.
i found an older xenforo mysql DB. Is it possible to merge just parts of the new, imported DB, into the older one?
And if, is anyone willing to explain me how to?

Just found a few tut´s, but it is that f*** complex thats quite impossible for me ;)

Merge what parts exactly?

It's usually too complicated and not recommended.

its just one single forum i need to merge but i need to have a look for double content too
And yes it might be complicated but i want to give it a try

but i need to have a look for double content too

Yeah don't.

There is no easy way to deal with duplicate content from multiple of the same import, and incremental imports are not supported. It is best to run the import again from scratch, and then reapply any customizations. Use your test import as a point of reference in reapplying customizations instead of building onto it and taking it live. That's the best way to avoid complications.

Top Bottom