How to move subforum under thread list?

Andy.N

So if you are on this forum http://xenforo.com/community/forums/bugs/
You will see it has a subforum Resolved Bug Reports.
I'd like to move that whole subforum block under the threads and just right above the bottom breadcum.

The reason is that in some of the forum, I have a high number of subforum which will take up most of the space if I have it on top as currently designed.

Thanks

Open the forum_view template and find this code:
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$renderedNodes}"><xen:include template="node_list" /></xen:if>

Then move it to below this code:
HTML:
<div class="discussionList section sectionMain">
    <xen:include template="thread_list" />
</div>

You will need a line break though or the "Thread Display Options" tab will overlap.
Your final code should look like this:
HTML:
<div class="discussionList section sectionMain">
    <xen:include template="thread_list" />
</div>
<br/>

I haven't actually checked how it looks so it might need some more fine tuning.

Open the forum_view template and find this code:
HTML:
I haven't actually checked how it looks so it might need some more fine tuning.
I actually followed your steps and ended up moving
HTML:
after the last line on that template. It looks better in my opinion because the page navigation is on top of the subforum block.

Well this is the kittie's titties, isn't it. I have never liked having the sub-forums at the top of the thread view, but I always figured that moving them would be a horrible, painful chore. Looks pretty easy though. Kudos to both of youse mugs.

Looks a lot better to me.

When the child forums have their own sub-forums, do you think it is possible to retain the drop-down display for them, as they are on the home page display when forums are nested?

You know, after I did this, I noticed that the sub-forums have an unused "header," like so:

whylord.webp

But it seems kind of useless. Unless something is going to be there at some point.

ideally, it would say "Sub-forums" or some such in there (without doing a template edit). Or more ideally, it would disappear.

Looks like there are some change in the forum_view template in the RC2 as when I reapplied this change today, it move the top "Post New Thread" along with the subforum block so now we have 2 "Post New Thread" buttons at the bottom, one on top of another.

What i really like to achieve is to keep the top button on top. Now, it's very hard to find that button to create new thread.

Ideally, the top button will be at the top right hand corner on the same row as top breadcrumb and not part of the subforum block.

Top Bottom