XF 1.5 How to move multiple posts into a new Forum

I have 89 posts in an existing thread. I want to move all these posts into a newly created node or Forum and then delete the old thread title. How can I do that without checking each of the individual 89 posts before moving them? I tried creating a new child or sibling node under the existing Forum where I want this all to go, and then moved the old thread. All the posts moved, but the old thread title was still there in the new Forum.

You can use inline moderation and use the option to check all on the page.

If the posts are distributed throughout the thread, you will have to select them individually.

It's not clear what you are trying to do though, or what you mean by 'delete the old thread title'.

If you no longer want that thread where it is, move it to the new forum and delete the posts you no longer want from the thread.

I can't see the existing thread when I go to "Display Nodes", so I can't get to it that way. Its currently a thread consisting of 89 individual posts, which is under a Forum. I can see the Forum on the admin screen, but not the thread. Ideally I'd like to convert the thread into a Forum, but don't think that's possible. So I thought I'd create a new Forum, and transfer all the posts into the new Forum, then delete the (Now empty) old thread.

This is the thread with 89 posts which is currently under the "Moderator" Forum:
threads.webp

And here's what my node tree looks like:
Node Tree.webp

I want to move the "Put Problem Messages Here" Thread and its contents into a new node, under the "Moderator" Forum.

Nodes (forums) and threads are different content types.

Forums can contain threads, but not vice versa.
Threads contain posts but not vice versa.
Forums cannot contain posts on their own.

The structure is:

Forum
Thread
Posts​
Thread
Posts​
Thread​
Forum

Top Bottom