XF 1.3 How to make thread starter/author posts stand out?

Alpha1

Many of my forums are support journals, where the thread starter/author posts their daily experience and other members offer support. The thread starter post are therefore the main content while the posts by other members are basically comments.

Is there a way to have different styling to the thread starter's posts to make these stand out more?

What I am thinking about it to add a background colour or border for the author's posts, while removing various postbit and styling elements from the posts by other members. Is this possible? How is this done?
I could not find any addons for this.
Suggestions and other ideas are very welcome.

You can use this conditional statement: <xen:if is="{$post.user_id} == {$thread.user_id}">

You would need to combine that with template edits and CSS to achieve the result you want.

So I guess I should apply two custom classes (author_class and comment_class) to posts (with the above conditional) and add the css properties to extra.css?

Yes, there are various ways of doing it but using classes, rather than inline styling, is the way to go.

It's all a bit manic at the moment but I can look at knocking something up for you later when I get a chance.

Top Bottom