how to make Private Community?

erich37

I would like to make my Forum as a Private Community, so literally showing the Register-page (domain.com/register) at the Homepage, similar to FB showing the registration-stuff at the homepage or like this page: http://www.jappy.de

Currently, I have my Forum set so that it immediately shows all the Nodes (Forum-List) at the second-level-domain "www.domain.com".

I would like to have it so that it shows the Register-page at "www.domain.com" and the Forum-List (all Nodes) at www.domain.com/forums

All the Forum-content at www.domain.com/forums should only be accessible by registered members only. Search Engines should not be able to access any content at www.domain.com/forums

So what I am trying to achieve is to display/show the Registration-page at the Homepage.

Apprecite your help!
Many thanks!

that's cool! Thanks a lot!

Now it would be nice to be able to display the "Registration-page" directly at the Homepage.
And also putting a Payment-gateway e.g. PayPal onto it.

Generally speaking, I would like to only have people being able to sign up at my Forum once they submit Payment via PayPal.
Is there an Addon or any other trick available in order to achieve this?

Many thanks!

Now it would be nice to be able to display the "Registration-page" directly at the Homepage.
And also putting a Payment-gateway e.g. PayPal onto it.

Generally speaking, I would like to only have people being able to sign up at my Forum once they submit Payment via PayPal.
Is there an Addon or any other trick available in order to achieve this?

They have to register first, then pay. But I think this addon enables guest purchases:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/advanced-user-upgrades.639/

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> Unregistered / Unconfirmed -> View

Change this to "Not Set."

Hi Jake,

when I set "View" to "Not Set" in ACP, will the "Members Page" and "Recent Activity" and "What`s New" be invisible to guests as well as invisible for Search-Engines?

Thanks!

Top Bottom