XF 2.0 How to limit posts of newly registered members?

There are several options for that:
  • Set all posts from new members to "moderated", so your staff members have to approve them.
  • Set CAPTCHAS at registration /admin.php?options/groups/spam/

The things mentioned above are implemented natively into XF. You can always blacklist IPs and emails aswell. Is this not enough to block spam?
Other than that, I don't believe there are many options without addons.

Link control can't be done without modifications I believe.

In my forum today somebody made 63 posts. There is no way to stop without doing custom changes. There is no way to stop someone posting a link on the first day.

There is no way to delete all threads in single click(I don't want to click on Spam).
Really very sorry to have left Mybb. It had everything and here hardly any useful documentation and no support for common actions.

So definetely it is your fault that you have decided to transfer your site without using demo.

You can easy find many solutions to your question. Just need some times to understand how Xenforo works.

@rag_gupta: What is your definition of spam? The in-built spam stoppers are meant to block spam from bots, scripts and stuff like that, not from human beings who actually waste their time "spamming" your forum.

If you want to limit legit users from spamming your forum, you can do that without custom changes. As mentioned above, just auto-set their content to be moderated by adding new users automatically to a group which has to be approved manually.
This way, all content would land into the approval queue. From there, it is literally one click to delete the threads. No need to click on "spam".

You could also increase the time between posts someone has to wait to post a new post as long as he is in a "lower" permissioned group. It's really just a question of configuration, although I do not know of a way of limitting the usage of links without an addon for new users :(

Top Bottom