How to keep View of the thread not destination?

Gultog

I have join 2 thread and choose one is destination, but then all View of other topic gone! Now how to edit the view of that thread again, and then how to make them dont gone after join?

I have join 2 thread and choose one is destination, but then all View of other topic gone! Now how to edit the view of that thread again, and then how to make them dont gone after join?
Do you mean that all the Watchers are dropped when the threads are merged ?
I suspect you are correct.
I don't think there is a solution for this.

I mean Views, you can see any thread, there will be Views & Reply count. After merge, the reply dont gone (sure that MUST not gone), but the View of the thread that I do not choose as destination will gone! But if I choose it to keep Views, the poll of other will not join into that BIG thread. That a very big problem for me now :(

The view counter will be that of the destination thread when you merge two threads. It doesn't sum the views of the two threads.

You can manually edit the thread record in the xf_thread table to change the views. Here is the query:

Rich (BB code):
UPDATE xf_thread
SET view_count = 50
WHERE thread_id = 2;

Change the numbers appropriately.

Ok thanks, I can set it now, thanks. But I have more question, how to change the ID of forums node or thread? I have triedto change but after click, it move to the old thread with that ID (although I have deleted it in forum & database). Please help me :)

I know, I have change in many tables, but it still have some error. I have tried to find all tables have user_id (or thread_id) and change them, but seem there is something missing :(

Top Bottom