1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 how to invite someone to existing conversation

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Mr Lucky, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

Say I'm having a conversation with someone, how would invite somebody else to join in?

Thanks

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As long as you can invite more members, there is an "Invite More" link in the side bar of each conversation under the participants.

3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

It also should be noted that only the original sender can invite more participants.

4. Jeremy

Not always, they can't.

5. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

Ah, I just noticed that, kind of not very obvious.

However as a admin or mod, surely I should be able to invite more participants or forward the message whether or not the sender invited anyone else. No?

6. Jeremy

As long as you have granted yourself the "Always invite participants to conversations" permission you can.

You are always able to "forward" messages via quoting it.

7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

No? I thought they always could.

8. Jeremy

If they have reached the maximum amount of conversation participants they can't.

9. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Oh, well, yeah, of course.

I was talking more in terms of that only the sender can invite participants. Participants that were invited can't invite participants.

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

They can if they have the relevant permission.

Amaury likes this.
  11. Jeremy

That is also false. As long as the sender has checked the "Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others" option when creating the conversation, anyone will be able to invite others (as long as they can have more participants than what is currently invited). Whether they were in the initial conversation or added (invited) post-creation.

Amaury likes this.
  12. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

And I knew about that option, too. I feel stupid now.

Thanks, guys!