How to increase sidebar width?

Andy.N

Say if i want to increase the width to accommodate a 300x250 banner, how do I do it? Would it have any undesirable effect to the rest of the layout?

I'm thinking of fixed width style with 990px width.

I've increased mine to 276px.
Just do it in the ACP for the style you want to change it for.

Style Properties -> Sidebar: Miscellaneous - Width

And no, it won't have any undesirable affect to the rest of the layout, unless, of course, you want a reeeeeeeeeeeeeally wide side column.
frog.gif

Is there any way to increase the width of the sidebar for the Xencarta wiki mod only?

Thanks.

If xencarta lets you set a custom style for its pages then you can just create a new style with a custom sidebar width and assign it to xencarta. That would be ideal.

I can't think of any other good way to do this. The sidebar width isn't something that is easily changed with template conditionals.

If xencarta lets you set a custom style for its pages then you can just create a new style with a custom sidebar width and assign it to xencarta. That would be ideal.

I can't think of any other good way to do this. The sidebar width isn't something that is easily changed with template conditionals.

Ah thanks dude. I can't see where it lets me set a custom style, so I am guessing there is none. I really need this sidebar to get wider, so any help would be appreciated :D

Thanks.

I can't see search but I'm assuming it's because you have 90px padding on your pagewidth:

Style Properties -> General -> Page Width Controller

I think default is 5px.

Yes, you are right
but i just want to change the search box size, where is it?

Putting 90px is possibly causing issues else where, I'd set it to 5px, then if you want to have it so it still has the narrow effect just set a larger right and left margin, like 10% instead of 5%.

On a similar topic

The left side bar in this topic which shows the members avatar, name, title.

How do I increase the width just a bit?

I don't use a sidebar in topic view and I notice some of my user names go to a second line.
I want to increase the width to accommodate a few more characters.

The left side bar in this topic which shows the members avatar, name, title.

How do I increase the width just a bit?

That width is in the "Messages" section of the Style properties settings in the ACP for the style you want to change.

ACP -> Appearance -> Style properties -> Messages -> Message user info block width

(or just search for "message user info" in the ACP search)

Top Bottom