1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to increase sidebar width?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Andy.N, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Say if i want to increase the width to accommodate a 300x250 banner, how do I do it? Would it have any undesirable effect to the rest of the layout?

I'm thinking of fixed width style with 990px width.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I've increased mine to 276px.
    Just do it in the ACP for the style you want to change it for.

Style Properties -> Sidebar: Miscellaneous - Width
    ProCom likes this.
  3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

And no, it won't have any undesirable affect to the rest of the layout, unless, of course, you want a reeeeeeeeeeeeeally wide side column. [​IMG]
  4. Dynamic

Dynamic Well-Known Member

Is there any way to increase the width of the sidebar for the Xencarta wiki mod only?

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If xencarta lets you set a custom style for its pages then you can just create a new style with a custom sidebar width and assign it to xencarta. That would be ideal.

I can't think of any other good way to do this. The sidebar width isn't something that is easily changed with template conditionals.
  6. Dynamic

Dynamic Well-Known Member

Ah thanks dude. I can't see where it lets me set a custom style, so I am guessing there is none. I really need this sidebar to get wider, so any help would be appreciated :D

7. dewanita

dewanita Member

how to fix that gap? between sidebar and sidebar content dewanita sidebar.jpg
  8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Looks like you have a 60px padding on your content.

Style Properties -> General -> Content reduce the 60px, default is like 20px.
  9. dewanita

dewanita Member

Thank you, Russ you are rock. I make it to 10px

one again, :D
    how to fix this search box. this too long
    dewanita sidebar.jpg
  10. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I can't see search but I'm assuming it's because you have 90px padding on your pagewidth:

Style Properties -> General -> Page Width Controller

I think default is 5px.
  11. dewanita

dewanita Member

Yes, you are right
    but i just want to change the search box size, where is it?
  12. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Putting 90px is possibly causing issues else where, I'd set it to 5px, then if you want to have it so it still has the narrow effect just set a larger right and left margin, like 10% instead of 5%.