How to implement some articles into my forum

DigNap15

Hello
I have a very standard layout forum its going well
I have not yet used the articles types.
I am wanting to see some basic forum layouts using articles
Could you point me to a few?

Also where would you put articles in my forum?
Would you create a new forum node just for articles?
Or would you enable it on several forums?

Who is the person repsonsible for making an article
Is it a moderator, or can any member start an article?

There seems to be so much to learn

It's really up to you how you implement articles.

Anyone with the ability to create a thread can post an article, if the forum supports that thread type.

When dedicated, it is simply a display output of a thread. You can see it on your own forum with one click on an existing forum, try one with lots of images.

Who is the person repsonsible for making an article
Is it a moderator, or can any member start an article?

There seems to be so much to learn
There's not a lot to learn. It's a thread that looks different. If a user can post a thread they can post an article. To control who does in non-dedicated forums you can use an add-on by @Ozzy47.

In mixed-content forums you may want Discussions by all and Articles by different groups. This cannot be controlled at the node or group level. The add-on does it:

In mixed-content forums you may want Discussions by all and Articles by different groups. This cannot be controlled at the node or group level. The add-on does it:
Yeah in mixed content type that’s right. There isn’t a permission for that and will need to use an add-on. But if he wanted to use it for news or for specific user group, he can just create a node with article thread type and set the user group permissions.

Top Bottom