How to hide signature in conversation?

Is there a way to hide signature when in the conversation view? This will make the view a little more compact and you don't really need to see the signature of the participants over and over again.

I guess what I am after is the parameter and condition statement to be placed in the "message" template.

Any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> message

Change this code:

Code:
        <xen:if is="{$visitor.content_show_signature} && {$message.signature}">
            <div class="baseHtml signature ugc"><aside>{xen:raw $message.signatureHtml}</aside></div>
        </xen:if>

...to this (adding && !{$message.conversation_id}):

Code:
        <xen:if is="{$visitor.content_show_signature} && {$message.signature} && !{$message.conversation_id}">
            <div class="baseHtml signature ugc"><aside>{xen:raw $message.signatureHtml}</aside></div>

I tested this and it works.

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> message

Change this code:

Code:
        <xen:if is="{$visitor.content_show_signature} && {$message.signature}">

...to this (adding && !{$message.conversation_id}):

Code:
        <xen:if is="{$visitor.content_show_signature} && {$message.signature} && !{$message.conversation_id}">

I tested this and it works.
Thanks Jake, works like a charm!

Cheers!

Secretly I am hoping there will be an admin option to check - because I see no reason why a signature should show (and others might still want to).

Top Bottom