1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to hide signature in conversation?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by viewfinder, Oct 30, 2010.

1. viewfinder

viewfinder Member

Is there a way to hide signature when in the conversation view? This will make the view a little more compact and you don't really need to see the signature of the participants over and over again.

I guess what I am after is the parameter and condition statement to be placed in the "message" template.

Any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> message

Change this code:

Code:
            <xen:if is="{$visitor.content_show_signature} && {$message.signature}">
                <div class="baseHtml signature ugc"><aside>{xen:raw $message.signatureHtml}</aside></div>
            </xen:if>

...to this (adding && !{$message.conversation_id}):

Code:
            <xen:if is="{$visitor.content_show_signature} && {$message.signature} && !{$message.conversation_id}">
                <div class="baseHtml signature ugc"><aside>{xen:raw $message.signatureHtml}</aside></div>
            </xen:if>

I tested this and it works.

DSF and Brogan like this.
  3. viewfinder

viewfinder Member

Thanks Jake, works like a charm!

Cheers!

4. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

Thanks, it works on 1.0.0

5. Floris

Floris Guest

Secretly I am hoping there will be an admin option to check - because I see no reason why a signature should show (and others might still want to).

6. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

Yes, I do agree with you.