XF 1.3 how to handle vbulletins 404 errors ?

If the files don't exist, they'll just return a 404 anyway. If you want to modify what is displayed for the 404, you can use the ErrorDocument line. Really, the easiest thing is to just try it and see if it functions how you want (it may not).

If the files don't exist, they'll just return a 404 anyway. If you want to modify what is displayed for the 404, you can use the ErrorDocument line. Really, the easiest thing is to just try it and see if it functions how you want (it may not).

well i want this 404 page to be the xf error page and not the blank page of apache saying the
Not Found
The requested URL /forums/clientscript was not found on this server.

how to use the ErrorDocument line since vb was on a different folder than xf

Last edited:
You either need to create your own custom 404 page that mimics your XF look or you need to do an actual redirect to a URL that 404's in XF (which will redirect the client, which may not be ideal but it's really the only option).

You either need to create your own custom 404 page that mimics your XF look or you need to do an actual redirect to a URL that 404's in XF (which will redirect the client, which may not be ideal but it's really the only option).
i just had to go to the vbulletin folder and this to the .htaccess
ErrorDocument 404 /home/user/public_html (which is the xf path) NOW All 404 vb pages show the xf error page and the server returns 404 request

Thanks. My problem is that the forum is in a folder now and I am not able to point the 404 to an error page inside the forum. Will have to mimic the forum page as Mike suggested.

Top Bottom