How to handle adverisements lag problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sar

Hi,

On our portal we show advertisements (banners, links...), but sometimes due to bottle necks their ads are just loading and loading and loading, which lead to our page is loading and loading and loading, as banner is positioned right after <head>. We can't place it to any other position, so my question is how to solve this problem, for your page to load first and then banner. We used to solv this with <iframe>, but can't do this anymore due to advertisements not showing properly.

Any suggestions?

Where are the ad's server from?
Can you post a link to your site so we can check?

Physically location of our site is located on German dedi server and ad's servers are 2 countries away. Usually works all well, smthg like 95%, but when it comes to bottle neck, loading can take as much as 15 sec (deja vu on vB development in recent years for some reason :)). Don't want to disclose site, but it shouldn't matter anyway. Question is how to place ads right after <head>, but load <body> first, before ad block.

Well if this is a XenForo site then the thread needs to be moved to the support forum.

However, you don't seem to have associated your forum account with your customer account so if I move it there you won't be able to reply.
You can link your accounts here: http://xenforo.com/customers/

Off Topic is not the correct forum for support.

Once you have linked your accounts I will re-open this thread and move it to the support forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom