how to get your forum-post into Google-News ?

erich37

Looking at "Google News", it sometimes shows articles from small Blog-operators.

I am wondering how I get a Forum-post of my forum also into "Google News" ?

Technical requirements:
  • In order for the Google crawler to correctly gather articles, each page that displays an article's full text needs to have a unique URL that does not change. Google cannot include sites in Google News that display multiple articles at the same URL.
  • The URL for each article must contain a unique number consisting of at least three digits.
  • Keep in mind that Google cannot include sites for which the URL of the main page includes a date. URLs with dates in them often change on a daily or weekly basis. This prevents Google from crawling the site for new content, as Google is unable to detect the most current URL to be crawled.
  • Google's automated crawler is currently best able to crawl regular HTML links. Google is unable to crawl image links or links embedded in JavaScript.
Making your case:
  • Provide a good historical background of the site
  • Show awards the site received
  • Give stats on the site
  • Tell them about your editors and authors
  • Tell them about who links to your site (if the Google blog links to you, that is a good thing)
  • Make sure you are news related or mostly news related.
  • Make sure your site complies with the technical requirements, and show them that is does.

Source: http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/003934.html

so having an article in my forum... if I understand correctly this will not work, as we have a date in the forum ?
Is anyone of you guys using Google News with your forums ?

Optimally you need a Google news sitemap as well, to have your news indexed by Google News. This is different from normal sitemaps.

so having an article in my forum... if I understand correctly this will not work, as we have a date in the forum ?
Is anyone of you guys using Google News with your forums ?

Depending on what your article is about there's probably a number of other avenues for publicity and getting it out there.

Top Bottom