Fixed How to get rid of border around preview button?

imno007

I've got my editor toolbar laid out the way I want, but would just like to get rid of the huge border around the preview button - which doesn't occur on the site here, I notice, I guess because of the way the icons are placed on the right side.

editorpreview.webp

I've just gone ahead and moved a few icons to the right. Seemed like the simplest solution. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right? :whistle:

That could be a bug so I've moved the thread.
I'm not sure, to be honest, but thanks. My initial fix above, of just moving a couple of icons over to the right didn't actually work out too well, since there was still a sizeable border around the preview button (about half what it was), but I got everything laid out mostly the way I wanted by doing a button configuration reset and keeping to a similar icon placement in terms of the rows. So this:

largetoolbarlayout.jpg

Got me this:
editorlayoutlive.jpg

Which is good enough. It's definitely all a little janky, though. For example, after I did the above layout, I just had to go experiment and see what would happen if I simply moved the two icons on the third row to the end of the second row, and once again I ended up with that long preview border, and putting them back on the third row where they originally were didn't get rid of it. I had to do another reset and do it all over again. So I'm not messing with it any more. :)

Last edited:
Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.2).

Change log:
Ensure that the RTE preview tab does not expand unexpectedly if there are no right aligned toolbar icons.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom