How to fix group #s On import

Rich

I imported Vb to my new xenforo and my user groups are all messed up how do I make all the members Registered ,they are all guests and also how do I set each user type to the correct number Like registered members in the database is ? and admins are what #?

I just want the default Numbers. and a way to change the users?

If you delete a user group then primary members of that group will be moved to the default Registered group (user_group_id 2). If you want to move those users to a different group then you can run a query like this:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/want-to-mass-move-members-to-a-different-group.6600/

The default usergroups are user_group_id's 1-4. They can be seen in this file:

library/XenForo/Model/User.php

Code:
	public static $defaultGuestGroupId = 1;
	public static $defaultRegisteredGroupId = 2;
	public static $defaultAdminGroupId = 3;
	public static $defaultModeratorGroupId = 4;

The software doesn't let you delete the default groups. It gives me an error when I try to do that. Do you remember how you lost groups 1-4?

There is no option to change the user_group_id numbers without running manual queries on the database. This kind of query is not usually recommended and I haven't fully tested it:

Code:
UPDATE xf_user_group
SET user_group_id = 2
WHERE user_group_id = 5

This would change user_group_id 5 to 2. Make sure there are no users in the group before changing it, otherwise you will break the relations.

thank you that helped but even know the members are now Registered the have the word guest under there Icon, is there a fix for this?

Is the username in the post linked to a profile page (as opposed to an unlinked username)? If not then there is no user account associated with that post. The question then becomes, are those posts associated on the vB forum? It's the same test in vB... are the posts linked to a profile page?

This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view. in the vb, is there a way to fix that one?

Looks like the post count never made it also

I got it , It was the way VBULL did the first import.....Go figure ! Thanks for the help
Just a note to anyone doing an import to Vbull from IPB make sure you trash your extra usergroups it causes problems later!
Well good News I did it and www.photochimper.com if running Xenforo!!!!!

Top Bottom