XF 1.3 How to find a style properties path

Barnstable

Hello all,

I'm a newbie to forum creation and while I love the level of control you have for changing style properties, there are so many areas that can be changed, it's a bit dizzying. I'm wondering if there are any tools that would make finding the style path for a particular element easier to find, or if there is an easy way that I just haven't found as of yet.

So for instance, if I go to my forum lakersball.com as below:

DHvgPIG.jpg

And I want to know the path from changing the title "LAKERS AND NBA TALK" from orange to purple, is there a quick and easy way to find those controls in the style editor?

Thanks in advance for any help

I don't understand the terminology. Do you mean the menu that starts with this:

IWibfXh.jpg

Because this is the menu that has my head spinning as each line has 4-8 other lines of control within it. I was looking for something easier than going into each of these controls and editing them without knowing exactly what they change until I test it. I was thinking an intuitive way would be to right click on the area I want to change on my forum and inspect the elements to find the path, but that's a bit confusing as well.

Or maybe I'm not understanding the suggestion.

Correct.

On that menu, scroll down until you find Forum / Node List, click on it, and then click on Category Strip Title and change the text color there.

Ah, I see. Thank you, I actually did want to find that particular control to change, but just in general, I was wondering if there was an easier way to find where to change a line of text, or area, without knowing the specific name and having it memorized or changing something and refreshing the forum to see what it changed.

Ah, I see. Thank you, I actually did want to find that particular control to change, but just in general, I was wondering if there was an easier way to find where to change a line of text, or area, without knowing the specific name and having it memorized or changing something and refreshing the forum to see what it changed.

You can right click and inspect the element; it'll give you the name of the class to use.

For example, if I wanted to edit the Post Reply button in any way, it would look like this after right-clicking:
upload_2014-9-7_21-20-17.webp

Okay. I was already trying that, but I found that the info it gave me didn't make things much easier to find in many cases because it wasn't specific enough on the path if it was inside one of the property areas.

But I still appreciate the help

Top Bottom